Sunday, January 21, 2007

The Best Dad on the Planet

written by Lynne Brooks copyright 2006

My dad thinks he's the best dad on the planet
He says he knows he is because that’s the way he planned it.

My dad told me that even when I was just a glint in his eye
That he would do everything he could
And everything he should
To be the best dad to me and that he would
Love me forever and ever
Even when I got in trouble and wasn’t always perfectly good.

According to his plan
My dad found the best woman
To be my mom
And since my mom already knew that my dad was going to be my dad
It didn’t take him long to find her.

My dad brags quite a bit about how he found the girl of his dreams
And when my mom hears him tell the story
Even for the millionth time
Her face lights up and beams.

According to my dad - one day my mom and he
Decided that together they would have me.
For several months or so I’m told
I grew inside my mother
Until I was nine months old.

Then out I came into the world
Apparently not very happily
But there was my dad – the very first person to greet me.

Many years have passed since that day
And I must say my dad’s okay.

My dad thinks he’s the best dad on the planet
I know he is because that’s the way I planned it.

© 2006 Lynne Brooks. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Ava Sleeping

Ava Sleeping