Saturday, January 6, 2007

Would You Help Me Please

written by Lynne Brooks copyright 2006

Would you help me please?
I asked the person next to me
There is something that I’m looking for
That I cannot seem to see.

I’m sure I’ve seen it somewhere
Or I’ve heard that it was here
Have you heard of this thing I’m looking for
Or have you seen it anywhere?

Let me please explain exactly what this thing is
They say it is the latest and the greatest
And it makes every job a whiz.

They say it’s been improved
And it’s better than the rest
They say that now they’ve fixed it
To be the very best.

Would you please help me
Find this thing that I might buy.
I’m sure it must be great
Because I know they never lie.

This thing I heard is very reasonably priced.
They say it can do everything
Even slice and dice!

I’m sure it must be here on one of these shelves
Please would you help me look or should I look myself?

What? You have never heard of this thing before.
But they said you sell it here at this store.

I’m starting to get tired of looking for this thing
I think I’ll just go home and forget the whole darn thing.

© 2006 Lynne Brooks. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Ava Sleeping

Ava Sleeping