Saturday, January 6, 2007

I Had a Little Knot

written by Lynne Brooks copyright 2006
.
I had a little knot
Who lived inside my hair
No matter what I did
that knot was always there

I washed my hair
I combed my hair
I brushed it till it shone
But no matter what I did
that knot was never gone

As I got older
I got a little bolder
I cut my hair
I grew it long
But no that knot’s not gone

I traveled far
I traveled near
Still that knot would not disappear

I tried out all the latest styles
I searched the most fashionable aisles
Even the best hairdressers for miles
Could not rid that knot of mine

I begged and cried
Magic words? I tried
I told that knot you can not stay
I yelled KNOT just GO AWAY

Then one day I thought to say
Knot I guess you’re here to stay

And ever since that thoughtful day
My knot and I have been okay

© 2006 Lynne Brooks. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Ava Sleeping

Ava Sleeping